Summer Internship Acting as Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services (Completing an internship +5) OLIVIA ROBINSON



From late June through the beginning of August, I had the opportunity to serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Behavioral Health Services at Greenwich House, supporting the GH Center for Healing team. Through this experience, I gained firsthand exposure to the administrative and operational sides of behavioral healthcare. Working within an OASAS-certified Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) also gave me valuable insight into how nonprofit healthcare organizations work to provide essential services and resources to underserved communities. On a daily basis, I practiced transferable skills in outreach, organization, and planning. I was also able to strengthen my skills in electronic health records, compliance, and clinical administration. Beyond the skills I developed, however, I gained a greater understanding of the systems that support quality and accessible patient care. Most importantly, this experience reaffirmed my passion for health advocacy and expanding access to care.

  • Olivia Robinson CO’2029



Comments

Popular Posts