Speech and Debate Interest Meeting - Lana Washington

 Activity Category: Academic Enrichment

Attending a general interest conference or workshop: 3 points

·attended the Speech and Debate interest meeting because I am genuinely interested in becoming a stronger public speaker. Speech is something I see as an art because it is not just about speaking clearly. It is about knowing how to communicate an idea, connect with an audience, and use your voice effectively. I enjoy the creativity that comes with expressing yourself through speech, and I want to continue developing that skill.


The meeting gave me the opportunity to learn more about Speech and Debate and what being involved would look like. I am excited about the possibility of challenging myself in a space where I can practice and become more confident in my communication. Since public speaking is something I truly value, I think Speech and Debate would be a meaningful way for me to continue growing and becoming a better speaker.


Comments

Popular Posts