OLIVIA TERRELL (C/O 27)- CREATING A RESEARCH BIBLIOGRAPHY OR PROPOSAL USING LIBRARY DATABASES (4 POINTS)
I completed a research annotated bibliography using library databases for my research on the NABP Decision-Making Framework. The activity focused on identifying credible scholarly sources, reviewing the information presented in each source, and explaining how each article connected to my research topic. I found this activity helpful because it gave me the opportunity to examine existing research on pharmacy regulation, disciplinary decision-making, Just Culture, and medication errors more closely. One of the more challenging aspects was finding relevant sources to support my research manuscript, especially because there is limited literature that directly addresses the specific NABP Decision-Making Framework. This is connected to my coursework because many of my science and research-based courses require me to evaluate evidence, use scholarly literature, and support my ideas with reliable sources.
This activity also helped me develop a stronger understanding of how an annotated bibliography supports the research process. Instead of simply collecting articles, I had to think critically about each source's main purpose, key findings, and how the information could contribute to my manuscript. This expanded my thinking because I began to see where the existing literature supported the NABP Decision-Making Framework and where there may still be gaps, particularly when distinguishing gaps in clinical knowledge from reckless or at-risk conduct. I also learned that I need to be intentional when selecting sources because every article included in a research manuscript should serve a clear purpose. I can apply what I learned from this activity as I continue developing my research manuscript, poster, and future research because I now have a stronger foundation for locating and evaluating scholarly evidence.
One strength of this activity was that it provided a structured way to organize the research supporting my manuscript and helped me better understand the relationship between existing literature and my own research question. A possible weakness was that finding literature that directly addressed the specific NABP framework was sometimes difficult, so I had to broaden my search to include related topics such as pharmacy discipline, medication errors, Just Culture, and clinical decision-making. This experience connects to the research I have already completed on the NABP Decision-Making Framework, as it strengthened the background and rationale for evaluating the framework’s clarity, relevance, comprehensiveness, consistency, and practicality. It also reinforced my interest in pharmacy and research by showing me how evidence can be used to identify problems within current systems and propose meaningful improvements. Moving forward, I plan to continue building on this experience by using the sources from my annotated bibliography to strengthen my research manuscript and support my analysis of the NABP Decision-Making Framework.
Olivia Terrell
Comments
Post a Comment