Exploring Pottery (Taking Art Classes: 4 Points): Janiah Collier | Class of 2028

 Taking a pottery class as a complete beginner was a fun, refreshing experience for me. I went into the class with no real experience working with clay, especially since I am much more familiar with traditional forms of art like drawing and painting. Learning how to work with an entirely new medium pushed me outside of my artistic comfort zone in the best way. There was something both comforting and thrilling about taking a simple ball of clay and slowly transforming it into something with shape, purpose, and personality. Even as a beginner, knowing that I could create something with my own hands that I could actually use and decorate made the experience feel so rewarding. It reminded me that trying something new doesn't require you to already be good at it, and sometimes the most exciting part is simply allowing yourself to be a beginner. 




Comments

Popular Posts