Attending professional networking events: Morgan Stanley HBCU Day (3 pts) - (Endia Evans, Class of 2028)

This month, I had the privilege of returning to New York City for Morgan Stanley’s annual HBCU Scholar Day as a third-year scholar in the program.  This event brought together all four cohorts of the Morgan Stanley HBCU Scholar Program from Spelman College, Morehouse College, and Howard University for another impactful weekend of networking, professional development, and community.

As one of five scholarship recipients in Spelman’s fourth cohort, I truly enjoyed reconnecting with my Spelman sisters, meeting new scholars from the partner institutions, and learning from the experiences of upperclassmen who continue to pave the way.  Ending the weekend at Morgan Stanley’s Global Headquarters, networking with staff and colleagues, was a powerful reminder of the opportunities this program provides to help us grow, lead, and prepare for future career aspirations.


I truly appreciate Morgan Stanley for continuing to invest in HBCU talent and for guiding me, as a first-generation college student, through these enriching experiences.  Being part of this program has helped me grow academically and professionally as a scholar both within and beyond the Spelman community.



Comments

Popular Posts