Alyssa Reynolds (C/O 2027): Traveling to culturally significant locations: 6 points
Traveling to culturally significant locations: 6 points
Going on a trip to Japan allowed me to immerse myself into a culture that was drastically different from my own. The best part about this particular travel experience was the ability to learn by being immersed in another culture and experiencing things firsthand, as opposed to just reading about Japanese culture. In Japan, I had a chance to notice differences between customs, transportation, food, communication and life in general. A disadvantage of this experience is that the trip lasted only for several days, so I didn’t get to know everything about the country's culture. This experience relates to the knowledge that I have obtained about the need for cultural awareness and understanding of different perspectives. Being a Health Sciences major aspiring to work as a doctor in the future, I am sure that someday I will be working with patients from various cultures. The trip abroad made me realize that cultural differences might affect people's behavior, communication and approach to life and health issues. My travel experience motivated me to travel and learn about other cultures even more in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment