Phi Beta Kappa Archival Research Presentation (Presenting a paper/poster - 6 points) Alyssa Amaker

 


    This past spring, I virtually presented my archival research project on Spelman College's organist Dr. Joyce Finch Johnson in honor of her career. Under the mentorship of college archivist Ms. Holly Smith, I compiled biographical information on Dr. Johnson through the Spelman Archives and by cross-referencing official interviews and documents that I found online. 


    This is a picture of a music program that Dr. Johnson curated in 1956. I struggled to find pictures of Dr. Johnson in the archives because her collection hadn't been processed yet. Hopefully I will be able to process these papers with Ms. Holly soon, and even digitize them if allowed.

    I acknowledge that this project is probably missing a lot of historical information, but it is the beginning to a cumulative archival exhibition on the life work of a distinguished member of the Spelman community.

- Alyssa Amaker

Comments

Popular Posts