Preparing for and taking professional exam: 6 points
A few months ago, I had the opportunity to take the GRE test as I prepared for professional school before going to medical school. Prior to taking the test, at the end of this summer I enrolled in the Kaplan GRE test prep course, where for about 6 months prior to taking the test, which I took in the beginning of January, where I spent hours doing practice tests and taking time on each section what I would need to know and techniques to succeed in the GRE. I think a strength of this process was definitely teaching me consistency and dedication. In order to do well, you must put the time and preparation to do so, and I am glad I stayed tough on myself to stick to that. A weakness I learned was that if I could go back, I probably would have used other resources in addition to Kaplan. Though Kaplan had a great structure, I do think using a multitude of resources to prepare may have taught me a wider range of techniques and tips from simply the Kaplan technique to approaching the GRE. This definitely connected to many other experiences and my past learning. It reminded me of other standardized testing that I have had to complete in the past and was a refresh of many old skills and knowledge I had forgotten about, particularly in quantitative analysis/math. Doing the GRE definitely positively added to my applications into graduate school and showed me that when the work is put in, I will be successful!
Ashe' Kelsey

Comments
Post a Comment