Syriana Etheart: Assembling Oral Kits/Volunteer work related to career goals per year (3 points)

        On November 10, I helped create oral hygiene kits with Spelman’s pre-dental club. As I plan on attending dental school and becoming a dentist, being an active member of the pre-dental club is really important to me. Additionally, I recognize that dental care and necessities aren’t always accessible to certain communities. As someone who loves to be involved in community service, I had a lot of fun at this event. 

    I was tasked with the actual assembly of the oral kit. In each oral kit, we included two toothbrushes, floss, mouthwash, and a coloring book that would educate the kits about proper oral care. Overall, I believe we were able to assemble around 60-plus oral hygiene kits. 

I really enjoyed this event. I thought it was really well organized and a great way to give back to the community. I was also able to interact with some other members of the pre-dental club and got to know them a little better. I would definitely love to do something like this again. I also know that the pre-dental club will sometimes do programming at local elementary schools, where they actually pass out the kits and teach them how to properly use them. I was unfortunately unable to do this due to my schedule, but I definitely plan on doing so the next time the opportunity presents itself!




Comments

Popular Posts